Loudoun County and Prince William County received an additional $3 million combined in snow removal funds from the Federal Emergency Management Agency.

The Virginia Department of Transportation will distribute the funds, which help offset snow removal expenses from last winter’s snow storms in December 2009 and February 2010.

Prince William County will receive about $1.4 million, while Loudoun County will receive about $1.6 million. With the allocation of the funds, FEMA will have paid for 75 percent of the snow removal costs. The remaining 25 percent will be paid for by the state.

FEMA also announced $1.2 million in funds for the Northern Virginia Electric Cooperative, also for expenses from the February 2010 snowstorm.