MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell announced his return to Twitter after being banned from the platform in January 2021 following the Capitol riot, only to see his account re-banned.
Lindell, who was banned from Twitter for repeatedly violating the site's Civil Integrity Policy, tweeted out a video on Sunday asking his followers to spread the news about his new account. He was immediately re-banned within hours of the account's creation.
Lindell announced the re-ban during his appearance at the Trump rally on Sunday, according to Right Side Broadcasting Network. Twitter confirmed the ban. “The account you referenced (MikeJLindell) was permanently suspended for violating the Twitter Rules on ban evasion," A Twitter spokesperson told the Daily Beast.
"I'm here to tell you about my new account here @MikeJLindell," Lindell said in the video posted at 3 PM EST, adding that any other account using his name was not really him.
MIKE LINDELL SAYS HIS SOCIAL MEDIA SITE IS A YOUTUBE-TWITTER HYBRID
"All those other ones are fake accounts, and they've been using my name out there. So, we started this account," he explained. "Please share it with everybody you know."
Hello everybody, I’M BACK ON TWITTER.— Mike Lindell (@MikeJLindell) May 1, 2022
My only account is @MikeJLindell!
Please RT and FOLLOW to SPREAD THE WORD 🇺🇸. pic.twitter.com/O3HLvCbZGa
"Thanks a lot for helping out," Lindell said.
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE FROM THE WASHINGTON EXAMINER
Twitter revealed on Tuesday it had accepted $44 billion in cash from billionaire Elon Musk, who recently revealed plans to take the company private and has vowed to focus on bolstering free speech on the platform.
In the wake of the social media giant's sale, which will be finalized in the next three to six months, many people who have either been banned or temporarily suspended have announced returns to the site and have expressed hope that Musk will allow them to return.
Fox News host Tucker Carlson, who had his account temporarily locked after referring to U.S. Assistant Secretary for Health Rachel Levine, a transgender woman, as a man, revealed that he was back on Twitter last week.
We’re back.— Tucker Carlson (@TuckerCarlson) April 25, 2022
A former adviser to President Donald Trump, Roger Stone, who has been permanently banned from the platform since 2017, announced days after Twitter's sale that he had returned to the platform. Stone was suspended from the platform later that day.