CAPITOL HEIGHTS, Md. (AP) — Prince George's County fire officials say a second person has died from injuries suffered in a fire.

A department spokesman says 15-year-old Rickey Cole died Thursday afternoon. He was the uncle of 5-year-old Jade Buffaloe, who died a few hours after Wednesday's fire.

The fire department says the accidental blaze began in the first-floor living room of a Capitol Heights duplex on Wednesday afternoon. Officials say the family was powering a window air conditioner through an extension cord and power strip, causing an electrical overload. The three occupants were taking a nap when the fire broke out.

The girl's 24-year-old father was critically injured.