President Trump condemned the mailing of pipe bombs to his political adversaries Wednesday, and vowed to "bring those responsible for these despicable acts to justice."
"In these times we have to unify, we have to come together and send one very clear, strong, unmistakable message: that acts or threats of political violence of any kind have no place in the United States of America," Trump said in the East Room of the White House.
[READ: Pipe bombs scare: Here's what we know]
"We're extremely angry, upset, unhappy about what witnessed this morning, and we will get to the bottom of it," Trump said, adding that he would bring the full weight of the U.S. government into the effort to figure out who sent the potentially deadly packages.
Trump said that there was a large investigation underway to determine who mailed the bombs.
"The safety of the American people is my highest and absolute priority. I have just concluded a briefing with the FBI, Department of Justice, Department of Homeland Security, and the U.S. Secret Service. As we speak, the packages are being inspected by top explosive experts and a major federal investigation is now under way," he said.
"The full weight of our government is being deployed to conduct this investigation and bring those responsible for these despicable acts to justice. We will spare no resources or expense in this effort," Trump said.
"This egregious conduct is abhorrent to everything we hold dear and sacred as Americans," he said.
The crude pipe bombs were addressed to former President Barack Obama, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, former CIA Director John Brennan, and others.
The package sent to Brennan forced the evacuation of CNN offices in New York City. A return address was listed for Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, D-Fla., a former chairwoman of the Democratic National Committee.
Authorities also intercepted packages addressed to Wasserman Schultz and former Attorney General Eric Holder, according to reports.
On Tuesday, news outlets reported on an apparently hand-delivered pipe bomb opened by staff at the home of liberal billionaire George Soros north of New York City, the first in the apparent series of linked attack attempts.
As reports of intercepted bombs mounted earlier on Wednesday, Trump endorsed Vice President Mike Pence's condemnation of the bomb attempts as "cowardly" and "despicable."
"I agree wholeheartedly!" Trump wrote on Twitter.
There were a series of false alarms Wednesday. New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, for example, said at a press conference that authorities were reviewing "a device" sent to his Manhattan office, but the package later was reported to contain informational literature.