A judge denied Amber Heard's lawyer's attempt to dismiss ex-husband Johnny Depp's case against her.
Judge Penney Azcarate denied the motion to strike two of Depp's three statements against Heard, allowing the suit to continue.
Azcarate will judge a third statement, a claim by Depp's legal team that Heard defamed her ex-husband in a separate instance from the 2018 op-ed, under advisement, meaning she will consider it and it still has a chance of being stricken from the case. The defamatory statement allegedly comes from a tweet that has yet to be presented as evidence and has not been argued in court.
WATCH: JOHNNY DEPP WAS CANCELED AFTER AMBER HEARD'S OP-ED, HOLLYWOOD LAWYER SAYS
Depp's lawyers rested their case on Tuesday, turning the rest of the trial over to Heard's lawyers, who made the motion to strike immediately.
"There is no dispute that Mr. Depp abused Amber," Heard's lawyer, J. Benjamin Rottenborn, said to argue his motion. "They've had three weeks, your honor."
Benjamin Chew, one of Depp's lawyers, argued against the motion with a 30-minute recap of what has transpired in the trial so far, citing witness testimony and audio recordings from the first day of the trial up until the present day.
Rottenborn went on to mention that Heard did not write the title of the op-ed, pointing to the testimony of the American Civil Liberties Union's general counsel. Terence Dougherty testified that while the ACLU helped place the article, it did not name it and suggested its publisher, the Washington Post, named the article without informing Heard.
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE FROM THE WASHINGTON EXAMINER
The actress is set to take the stand. While she was meant to be the first witness called by her lawyers, a forensic psychologist was called instead.