Tiger Woods announced he will compete in his first golf tournament since a car crash left him badly injured earlier this year.
Woods will compete with his 12-year-old son, Charlie, in the PNC Championship on Dec. 18.
TIGER WOODS DOUBTS HE WILL EVER PLAY GOLF FULL TIME AGAIN
"Although it’s been a long and challenging year, I am very excited to close it out by competing in the PNC Championship with my son Charlie," he said in a tweet. "I’m playing as a Dad and couldn’t be more excited and proud."
The PNC Championship is a competition for golf champions to team up with a family member. Last year, Woods and Charlie played in the event and tied for seventh place. It was the last major golf competition he played in before his accident.
Woods got into a major car crash last February that left his right leg severely injured. He recently told Golf Digest the recovery process has been long and "painful." He said his endurance in his leg is limited and that he doubts he will ever return to golf full time.
"I don't have to compete and play with the best players in the world to have a great life," Woods told Golf Digest. "I could still maybe, if my leg gets good enough, maybe click off a tournament here or there."
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE FROM THE WASHINGTON EXAMINER
The tournament is a 36-hole event and will take place at the Ritz-Carlton Golf Club in Orlando. Alastair Johnston, executive chairman of the event, said tournament organizers had been trying to convince Woods to play for some time and are "delighted" by his announcement, ESPN reported.