A goat meant as a wedding present for a bride and groom in Pennsylvania has been captured after spending weeks on the run.

Hilari Kilheeney and one of her friends, Kelly Giberson, hatched a plan on Tuesday to catch her goat, Jack Daniels, by attracting him with a female goat scent, according to WYOU. Giberson lent Kilheeney her goat, Legend, and after rubbing the goat in scent, Jack showed up.

"It was quite the adventure and absolutely kept us on our toes, but we are so incredibly grateful that he is home safe," Kilheeney said after Jack had been caught and brought home.


Days after Kilheeney and her husband received Jack as a gift, he escaped from their farm in Dorrance Township on Nov. 29. The goat made his escape by jumping a fence at the farm, and from there, he roamed down Blue Ridge Trail, according to the outlet.

After first being spotted at a truck stop, Jack was then seen at a quarry, a dentist's office, a playground, and even a church. Each time, Kilheeney and her husband tried to capture the goat by setting out snacks to gain his trust, even camping out in someone's garage.

Eventually, the Pennsylvania State Police started receiving "a few calls" about Jack, with a trooper attempting to "approach" the animal.

"PSP Hazleton received a few phone calls on him lounging in the area of the Dorrance Exit, I-81 Northbound," trooper Anthony Petroski said. "On both occasions, once the trooper exited the patrol vehicle and made his approach, Jack would then flee at a high rate of speed into the wooded area opposite of the interstate."

"We are beyond grateful to everyone on social media for the updates and sightings as well as the amazing folks that helped us catch him," Kilheeney added.


Other animals have made headlines for being on the lam lately. A camel in Kansas led the Bonner Springs Police Department on a wild goose chase after it fled from a Christmas Nativity scene in early December, and a group of three zebras escaped their Maryland enclosure in August. While two of the zebras have since been recovered, one died after becoming caught in an illegal snare trap on someone's private property.

The Washington Examiner reached out to Kilheeney for a statement but did not receive a response.