At least four high school students in Indiana were injured Tuesday after a chemistry experiment gone wrong.
One student was hospitalized after a group of students at North Central High School in Terre Haute were injured in "some sort of explosion" that resulted from an unspecified chemistry experiment, according to a report.
One student, a male, had his face and arm burned in the accident, and three more students suffered minor cuts and burns.
SENIOR TWITTER STAFFER: 'COMMIE' COMPANY DOESN'T BELIEVE IN FREE SPEECH
The male student remained at a local hospital overnight, but the others were treated and returned to school Wednesday, principal Nancy Liston said.
Indiana Department of Homeland Security officials are investigating the incident, spokesman David Hosick said.
The accident occurred during an Advanced Placement chemistry experiment, the report noted.
Fire was involved and "something went wrong," Liston said.
The male student who endured facial and arm burns was the experiment's "igniter," Liston said.
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE FROM THE WASHINGTON EXAMINER
The experiment had been performed numerous times in the past with no reported incidents, including on Monday, according to the report.