A Christmas tree appears to have caused a deadly house fire that brought tragedy to one family in Quakertown, Pennsylvania, according to authorities.
A father, 41-year-old Eric King, and two of his sons, 11-year-old Liam and 8-year-old Patrick, died in the early Christmas morning blaze, police said. Kristin, and their oldest son, Brady, managed to survive.
"This news is devastating for the District community and the Quakertown area at large," the Quakertown School District Community said in a Facebook post. "Eric, Kristin, and their boys are very active in the community, and the kind of people who make this a special place to live and attend school."
FIRE IN ARIZONA WALMART SPARKS INVESTIGATION, SEVERAL AISLES DESTROYED IN BLAZE
The fire is under investigation, but Scott McElree, chief of police, said lights on the family's Christmas tree may have caused it.
"The area of origin was a Christmas tree, so we're not sure if it's because of electric or a dried-up old Christmas tree," he said, according to CNN.
Liam and Patrick were in the fifth and third grades, respectively. Brady, an eighth grader, and his mother were both rushed to the hospital and treated for burns and smoke inhalation, according to CBS 3.
Two family dogs also died in the fire, CNN reported.
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE FROM THE WASHINGTON EXAMINER
A GoFundMe page was started for the family on Christmas and raised over $600,000. However, the organizer disabled new donations, saying, "Due to people creating fake Go Fund Me pages with the same picture and receiving some insensitive and extremely rude emails and comments, we have decided to stop accepting donations through Go Fund Me at this time."