Chris Wallace’s interview show will get a second chance with a move to HBO Max after CNN+ was shut down last month.
CNN+ stopped its streaming operations less than a month after its launch, citing a slow start with dismal daily viewership. CNN said the streaming service’s employees would be allowed to explore jobs at “CNN, CNN Digital, and elsewhere in the Warner Bros. Discovery family.”
Wallace’s show, Who’s Talking to Chris Wallace, will move to the streaming service of HBO, according to Puck. HBO Max is part of last month’s WarnerMedia and Discovery $43 billion merger.
In December, Wallace announced he was leaving Fox News “to try something new, to go beyond politics to all the things I'm interested in.”
WATCH: BILL MAHER CALLS STUDENT LOAN FORGIVENESS A ‘LOSER ISSUE’ FOR DEMOCRATS
Amid changes at CNN, including the WarnerMedia and Discovery merger, the incoming of new President Chris Licht, and the shutting down of CNN+, Wallace’s future was uncertain.
“I am going to be fine,” Wallace told the Daily Mail shortly after CNN+ shut down. “I’m in good shape whether it's CNN or someplace else.”
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE FROM THE WASHINGTON EXAMINER
Last week, Licht vowed to restore the public’s trust in the network.
NEW: Memo from incoming @CNN head @chrislicht to staff on his first day on the job.— Sara Fischer (@sarafischer) May 2, 2022
"CNN must be a vital, relevant, and respected part of our culture. Sadly, too many people have lost trust in the news media." pic.twitter.com/9WoNcbVhwO
Additionally, he reportedly addressed the disappointing performance of CNN+, saying it was “a uniquely s***** situation.”