Faves and raves by
President, Stop Child Predators
NUMBER OF YEARS IN D.C.: 15
- Hayley Peterson
1. FAVORITE NEIGHBORHOOD HANGOUT
City Tavern Club (3206 M St. NW)
2. BEST MODE OF TRANSPORTATION
My pale yellow Boxster.
3. FAVORITE LOCAL SPORTS EVENT
Dancing lessons with my fiance. It is definitely a special occasion getting him to dance.
4. BEST PLACE FOR LIVE MUSIC
9:30 Club, think back to the God Bless the Go-Go's reunion tour.
5. BEST PLACE FOR OUT-OF-TOWN VISITORS
Tabard Inn never disappoints. Of course, neither does the champagne cocktail at Citronelle. Nor does brunch on the W rooftop.
6. FAVORITE MUSEUM
The Phillips Collection. Any museum that combines the "Luncheon of the Boating Party" with modern art and photography gets an "A" in my book.
7. MOST ROMANTIC SPOT
Watching the sun rise on the roof of 1010 Massachusetts Ave. Sadly, my fiance is selling his condo there. Any takers?
8. FAVORITE WAY TO SPEND A LAZY SUNDAY
Reading the paper from cover to cover and getting angry at the pundits on the political shows.
9. BEN'S CHILI BOWL, OLD EBBITT GRILL OR CAFE MILANO?
Old Ebbitt hands down.
10. BEST OUT-OF-TOWN RETREAT
The Inn at Perry Cabin in St. Michaels, Md., on the Eastern Shore.
11. BEST INSIDE-THE-BELTWAY RETREAT
Riding bikes to the zoo in Rock Creek Park. Is that a retreat?
12. FAVORITE MONUMENT
The Jefferson. My favorite founding father, and also a big fan of wine.
13. PROUDEST PART OF LIVING IN THE NATION'S CAPITAL
We are very important.
14. EMBARRASSING PART OF LIVING IN D.C.
We all think we are very important.
15. BEST BREAKFAST SPOT
Sitting outside in the sun at Dean and Deluca.
16. BEST COFFEE SHOP
I prefer hot chocolate at Co Co Sala.