The head of U.S. military forces in the Middle East said Thursday he has seen no evidence that the Iran nuclear deal has changed Tehran's support for terror networks in the region.
"No, I don't think it has changed their behavior," Gen. Joseph Votel said at the Aspen Security Forum in Colorado. "I think it addresses a specific threat that existed, and I think it's probably been successful in addressing that or certainly at least putting it off for a number of years. But it has not necessarily changed the behavior that we see in Central Command."
Votel then ran through a series of things Iran has done since the deal was signed one year ago between Iran and six world powers. Those include Iranian fast boats operating near U.S. vessels in the Persian Gulf, the regime's support for Hezbollah in Lebanon, President Bashar Assad in Syria and the Houthi network in Yemen.
"We still see aspects of their cyberambitions," Votel added.
The CENTCOM chief's comments echo others made with respect to Iran, including Brett McGurk, who's the administration point man on the Islamic State, and Defense Secretary Ash Carter, who said last year he "had no reason to foresee" a change in behavior.